OK … so this is not my typical blog post, but then again, there’s nothing typical about me anyway! A question that people keep asking me is how come I’m always smiling. I never actually thought about it until the day a good friend of mine, Youmna, quoted “When Harry Met Sally” and said “I’ll have what you’re having” and continued to say, “give me one of your happy pills!” That got me thinking …
What are the ingredients of my happy pill? Why is it that I’m always smiling, even in my darkest hours (and yes I do have those, but they’re no match to the secret formula I developed). So, I decided to share with you the secret recipe to my ASF pill (Always Smiling Formula):
- Family & Friends (100mg) – Surround yourself with people that love you unconditionally regardless of your faults – that’s what I dub as family. Try to be around positive people that love life.
- Sports (100 mg) – Find a sport that you love and practice it often. Exercise provokes a natural ‘high’ caused by the brain’s secretion of endorphins – morphine-like chemicals that help combat pain and stress.
- Books et al (100 mg) – Being knowledgable empowers you! Make sure you learn something new everyday. Believe it or not, I used to hate reading, until I picked up a book that changed my life, and since then I haven’t stopped! Books are not the only source of knowledge, find yours!
- Laughter (200 mg) – Learn to laugh at everything life throws your way; I mean it won’t help you resolve it better if you frown, it simply prolongs it. Another trick you should learn is to laugh at your self – don’t take yourself too seriously!
- Narcissism (100 mg) – Don’t worry, just like cholesterol, there’s the good one and bad one. Love yourself not at the expense of others, but because you deserve to be loved. No that there’s not a single person in the world that is exactly like you; how cool is that! You’re imperfections make you unique and worthy of love – starting with yourself.
- Kindness (200 mg) – A key ingredient in the ASF pill is kindness. I’m not referring to financial kindess, I’m talking about giving from yourself to others. Give people your time, your advice, your shoulder, your smile, your helping hand, your heart …
- Rewarding Your Best (200 mg) – Society rewards winners – those who come in first place! That always puts you in competition with others and frankly, gets you nowhere – unless depression is your final destination. You can never do more than your best, so from no one, reward yourself every time you do your best, regardless of the outcome.
That’s 1000 mg of the purest ingredients guaranteed to make you smile all the time … that’s my only medication, and I mean that literally, I don’t take any pills. If I feel like I’m catching the flue or the blue, I just up my ASF dosage … it works like magic!
What are you still waiting for? Act now and get a life-time supply of ASF pills …
For your orders & inquiries, please your comments below :p